20lines is a community dedicated to the art of the word. For this reason, we encourage, support and protect the diffusion of written thought in all languages and in all forms.
To this end, and in particular for the effective protection of freedom of expression, we have drawn a few rules, simple and clear, that all 20lines readers and writers are required to acknowledge and respect.
This Code of Conduct is part of the General Agreement between the user and 20lines as provided in the latest updated version available. We reserve the right to update the content at any time without notice. Reading the conditions provided in the Agreement will mean accepting the general provisions included in the Code of Conduct.
What 20liners are committed for:
- Supporting freedom of expression: 20lines committed to supporting, in any manner and according to their abilities, the spread and defense of freedom of speech for all individuals, in respect of others' opinion, of others' rights and of laws and rules laid down to protect 20lines and its users.
- Supporting the dissemination of written communication: 20lines is a community created to enable the publication and sharing of written Contents.
- Developing new forms of creative cooperation: the very nature of 20lines involves collaboration between people in order to create new expressions and new virtuous relationships. Therefore 20lines and 20liners undertake to improve and grow cooperation among individuals.
- Encouraging open and fair debate: 20lines admits the exchange of ideas and opinions among its members, works to stimulate the "clean" and loyal dialogue, free of prohibited or offensive Content.
What 20liners don’t admit:
- Violation of personal rights: 20lines prohibits and undertakes to denounce all those who publish content that offend the personal rights of anyone, such as, for instance, violation of privacy, stalking activities, private violence, threats, insults, defamation and any other action potentially infringing the rights of the single.
- Content detractors: 20lines prohibits the publication and sharing of any Content bearer of discrimination based on sex, age, religion, social status, nationality, place of birth or origin, ethnicity.
- Offenses against minors: 20lines prohibits the publication or sharing of anything in relation to children which is considered as sexually suggestive or violent. 20lines forbids and condemns any form of violence, even if indirect or veiled, in relation to children and adolescents.
- Offenses against women: 20lines prohibits the publication or sharing of anything that contains references deemed unpleasant against the female gender, even if expressed in an indirect or subtle way.
- Apology of violence in all its forms: 20lines prohibits and contrasts advocating extreme violence or hatred against individuals or groups.
- Incitement to violence in all its forms: 20lines prohibits and denounces the incitement to violence or hatred against individuals or groups. Although we firmly believe that the best response to hatred and violence is not censorship, 20lines reserves the right to take the measures it considers most appropriate to prevent the dissemination of these ideas through its own channels.
- Incitement to break the laws: 20lines prohibits incitement to violate, circumvent or evade the international and national laws.
What 20liners do not do when using 20lines:
- Spamming: it is forbidden any activity intended to disrupt the normal use of the Content by the users, as well as any activity aimed at obtaining benefits or profits without an explicit authorization from 20lines, such as, for example, sending unwanted messages or content aggregation, posting misleading or deceptive comments or tags, entering misleading links, or links with dubious origin in their content, using deceptive means to generate income or data traffic, or creating Contents with the primary purpose of marketing. And forwards, it is prohibited the automatic creation of accounts or automatic delivery of Content. 20lines is against the use of such forms of communication and interaction, so we disavow and reject any responsibility for these activities.
- Violation of copyright: all are bound to respect copyright and trademark laws. It is a policy of 20lines to respond to notices of alleged infringement of copyright or trademark, as provided by clauses inserted in the Agreement General.
- Endangering the safety of systems and data: 20lines reserves the right to act with the means allowed by law, against anyone attempting to the safety of their IT infrastructure, databases and the data of 20lines and of its users.
If 20lines should hold that there is any violation of the Code of Conduct it reserves the right to send a specific written notice via email.
If the alleged responsible is unable to explain or correct their behavior, their account may be suspended and/or deleted, and its IP address may be blocked.
20lines strives to ensure fair treatment in all cases we reserve the right to terminate accounts and/or remove any Content without notice for any reason, but above all to protect our services, our infrastructure, our users and the entire 20lines community. These rules do not create a contractual duty to 20lines.
20lines is a community which is open to new ideas and contributions. If you believe you can provide us with comments or questions, helpful to improve the content of this Code of Conduct, please do so by writing to: email@example.com. The 20lines team will be happy to receive your suggestions and to consider with you the merits of the proposals that we will receive.